DetailsFilliers 5 Year Old Oude Graanjenever is the real deal genever, the legendary spirit from which today’s modern day gin comes. As far as authenticity goes, you can trust Filliers 5 Year Oude Graanjenever because to even use the name graangenever, it had to have been distilled in Belgium, the Netherlands, or one of the other few approved areas spread throughout Germany or France. It’s made from malt wine and select botanicals, the most obvious being juniper, of course—and sweetened to achieve its characteristic flavour. Further ageing in American oak barrels–this version has been aged for five years—deepens the flavour and gives the final formula more body. And now the moment you’ve been waiting for—how does Filliers 5 Year Old Oude Graanjenever taste? It’s quite aromatic, with a nose of earthy, spicy nutmeg and allspice, while the palate is distinctly more savoury, with a juniper-lead core and notes of anise, hints of wood, various herbs and botanicals, and a slight, constant sweetness. Filliers 5 Year Old Oude Graanjenever is best enjoyed at room temperature to allow its aroma to fully blossom, and if you want to stick with tradition, sip it out of the recommended tulip-shaped glasses to ensure maximum air exposure.
- Delivery info
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a next day delivery, which takes 1 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to Friday)
- Gift Wrapping service is not available on next day orders.
- All of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm.
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age). Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Next Day (Monday to Friday) - £6.99
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100