Glenfiddich Distilleries brings yet another ingenious and innovative Scotch whisky to the market with Glenfiddich Winter Storm Batch 2 whisky. For this, Malt Master Brian Kinsman headed to Canada to explore a vineyard where they produce ice-wine. Intrigued by the possibilities he set about experimenting with the whisky making process, drawing inspiration from the famous icewines.
The final outcome was the result of filling French oak ice-wine casks with Glenfiddich aged malts. Kinsman learned that only the rarer whiskies – those that had been aged for 21 years – were able to handle the intense influence of the ice-wine process
Ice-wine is produced from grapes that are picked while still frozen, resulting in a sweeter taste. With aged whisky, the time spent in casks means more tannins and when laid down for an icewine cask finish it brings out fresh notes of lycée rather than an overly sweet sensation.
The long-anticipated second batch is a limited-edition release, which combines the heightened sweetness of ice-wine with the oakiness expected of a Glenfiddich.
- Delivery info
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a express delivery, which takes 1 to 2 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to Friday)
- All of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm.
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age). Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Express Delivery (Monday to Friday) - £6.99
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100