DetailsNapue Gin is a small-batch, rye-based Finnish gin that was awarded as the best gin for a tin and tonic by the IWSC in 2015. It’s purported to remind one of ‘the distinct fragrance and flavour of an early morning, misty Finnish meadow.’ That’s certainly not something we would ever refute, but for the sake of reminding you this is a gin and not some form of transcendental meditation, here’s the scoop. Napue Gin is made by the Kyro Distillery, and according to a method that reminds one more of perfume making or even alchemy. It’s made using highest-quality rye and a select blend of botanicals, including locally-foraged fresh ones like sea buckthorn, meadowsweet, cranberries, and birch leaves. One of the secrets of Napue Gin is the timing of the botanicals—certain ones are added right to the pot still, while others are distilled separately and added a bit later. This ensures each botanical is fully represented in the final batch, and guarantees a more predictable outcome. On the nose, Napue Gin is crisp and bright, definitely Nordic, with a fresh aroma of juniper, ripe cranberries, and citrus-like sea buckthorn. On the palate, the fruity notes give way to delicious dryness, where you’ll pick up on the usual suspects of gin, namely the juniper and coriander seeds. The real cracker comes toward the end, with the unmistakable note of black pepper, which makes Napue Gin so ideal for a gin and tonic. Overall, Napue Gin is still a pure gin at heart, and a great one to have around for virtually any occasion. • Napue Gin is rye-based and made with a selectin of local Finnish botanicals, including sea buckthorn, meadowsweet, and cranberries • This unique gin is fruity on the nose, but dry and satisfying on the palate • Awarded as the best gin for a gin and tonic at the 2015 IWSC awards
- Delivery info
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a express delivery, which takes 1 to 2 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to FridayAll of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age).
- Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Express Delivery (Monday to Friday) - £6.99
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100