DetailsPickering’s Small Batch Gin has its roots in an old recipe from Bombay dating back to 1947, a family secret that came back to light only a few years ago when Pickering’s opened Edinburgh’s Summerhall Distillery. Aptly called an Edinburgh Dry Gin, Pickering’s Small Batch Gin is made the exact same way as recorded in 1947, with nine chief botanicals including juniper, coriander, cardamom, angelica, fennel, anise, lemon, lime and cloves. The distillation magic takes place in one of two 500 litre copper stills, named Gert and Emily, after the founders’ great-grandmothers. While the recipe is basic, the secret behind the vivid flavour and distinctive smoothness of Pickering’s Small Batch Gin lies in the brand’s customised ban marie heating system, which slowly simmers the herbs, spices and botanicals for maximum maceration and fully-formed flavour. And that’s exactly what you get with Pickering’s Small Batch Gin—really satisfying flavour, fresh and bold and bright, everything you love about a gin done exceptionally well. Definitely juniper led, the citrus notes of Pickering’s Small Batch Gin sparkle and shine in contrast to the spicy notes of cardamom, coriander and clove. Thanks to its commitment to classic, Pickering’s Small Batch Gin can be enjoyed a multitude of ways. And here’s a creative note--if you’re going to serve up in G&Ts, the brand recommends doing so with a slice of pink grapefruit, rather than the traditional lime.
- Delivery info
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a express delivery, which takes 1 to 2 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to FridayAll of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age).
- Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Express Delivery (Monday to Friday) - £6.99
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100