Plantation Overproof Rum is a high-strength (69% ABV) overproof rum made in Trinidad & Tobago and aged in oak bourbon casks before bottling. The high strength carries the intense flavours a bit further, and the intensity makes Plantation Overproof Rum ideal for enjoying in a variety of cocktails because the flavours of a matured rum like this are able to come through. On the nose, Plantation Overproof Rum is intense, carrying a strong aroma of pure cane sugar, butterscotch and toffee, along with lighter notes of banana, banana peel (slightly more bitter), marmalade, and the sweetness of marzipan. Also present are distinct hints of baking spices, including cinnamon, vanilla, and brown sugar. On the palate, Plantation Overproof Rum is powerful, but you’re not really going to sip this one so it’s ok. There is fruit, melon and mango, joined by more caramel, rich toffee, and more spices, including cloves and nutmeg. Bitter, zesty orange and orange peels come through, driven by the fiery strength of the rum itself. The finish is strong and quick, but quite satisfying. The high quality of Plantation Overproof Rum makes it perfect for mixing with Coke and ice for an intense, yet well-rounded rum and Coke. It’s also an ideal rum for a variety of punches, where the sweet notes of the different fruit juices mix well with the spices inherent to the rum.
- Overproof rum is bottled at 69%
- Made in Trinidad & Tobago, and matured in oak bourbon casks
- High strength rum provides more intense flavour that makes it ideal for blending into cocktails
- The perfect darker rum for a rum and Coke
- Delivery info
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a express delivery, which takes 1 to 2 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to Friday)
- All of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm.
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age). Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Express Delivery (Monday to Friday) - £6.99
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100