The Balvenie Tasting Collection is a celebration of some of Balvenie’s finest single malts. Consisting of three 5cl bottles, each of a different expression but all underpinned by a distinctive honeyed characteristic. Malt Master, David Stewart uses different cask types and aged spirits to develop new expressions.
The Balvenie Double Wood 12 Years Old gets its unique profile from a maturation process that uses two wood types: a traditional oak whisky cask to soften and add character and a first fill European oak sherry cask which brings a depth and fullness to the final flavour.
The DoubleWood 17 Years Old is the older sibling to the 12 years old and uses the same consecutive maturation process to achieve a unique blend. It is first matured in American oak barrels which add soft vanilla tones, and then secondly in European oak sherry casks which impart spicy undertones and a depth of flavour. With its deeper notes of vanilla and subtle hints of toffee and green apple, this is more complex than the 12 years old.
The final bottle contains Balvenie Caribbean Cask 14 years old – a smooth honeyed whisky with a warm lasting finish. It is matured in traditional oak whisky casks for 14 years, then transferred for finishing in American oak casks that previously held a unique blend of West Indian rums.
This tasting set enables you to sample each of these whiskies and compare their flavours. The Balvenie Tasting Collection contains one 5cl bottle each of Balvenie 12 years old 5cl Balvenie 14 years old 5cl Balvenie 17 years old.
- Delivery info
- Due to the current COVID-19 restrictions and to ensure we can serve our customers we are currently not offering our customers the ability to select next day delivery.
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a express delivery, which takes 1 to 2 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to FridayAll of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age).
- Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100