Bathtub Gin Old Tom is a slightly sweetened variation on the original Bathtub Gin. Old Tom gin gets its name from the way it used to be served by the London gin houses back in the 18th century—you’d put a coin into a dispenser in the shape of a black cat outside the gin house and out would come a shot! Magical stuff that still lives on in the sketched cat on the Bathtub Gin Old Tom label. Onto the formula. When we say ‘slightly sweetened,’ all we mean is that it’s been sweetened to the point that several notes of the botanicals used to make the gin become a little more prominent—you’ll get a bit more liquorice, more citrus notes, and a sweeter, candy-like version of the juniper. As part of the Ableforth’s Bathtub Gin family, Bathtub Gin Old Tom is true to the old-time recipe, and perfect for mixing up into sweet gin cocktails—most notably the Martinez. Bring together Bathtub Gin Old Tom with some sweet vermouth, maraschino liqueur, Angostura bitters, and a bit of lemon for show, and you may find yourself falling for this classic cocktail that may have paved the way for today’s traditional martini. Of course, you can also use Bathtub Gin Old Tom to make a batch of a drink that was basically named after it—the Tom Collins.
TheDrinksBasket Delivery Information.
TheDrinksBasket are working with two of the most reputable courier providers, as we believe in providing our customers with the best possible customer experience. In order to simplify the delivery process, we offer our customers two options;
- Standard Delivery (3 to 5 days)
- Next Day Delivery (Mon to Friday) excluding public holidays.
For Next Day Delivery all orders should be placed on the website before 13:00GMT.
We currently only ship order to the UK, however have plans to expand that to cover Europe in the future.
Important Information about your delivery.
- Once your order has been dispatched an automated email will be sent with a tracking number.
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message
- All delivers are required to be signed for.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm
- If you delivery appears to have been damaged in transit please refuse the delivery and contact email@example.com and we will work with you to resolve your issue.
- During festive and celebratory periods, such as Christmas, you may face delays in receiving your order, as courier networks tend to operate beyond their capacity.
- Delivery times may vary due to reasons out of our control, for example, adverse weather conditions. We will communicate this via our website where necessary
Free UK standard delivery for orders over £100.00
- This is only valid for orders delivered in the UK
- Only applies to Standard Delivery
- Is not available for next day delivery.
- Applied to orders over £100.00
- Free shipping will need to be selected at the checkout
Shipping Costs UK
Standard Delivery (3 to 5 days)
Next Day Delivery