TheDrinksBasket is a company registered in England and Wales.
Data security and respecting your privacy rights is a priority for us here at TheDrinksBasket. We pledge to handle your data fairly, legally and transparently at all times - so you will always know data we collect about you, how we store and use it.
This policy applies to all our customers and users who register to subscribe to our communications or have previously completed a purchase online.
We hope the following information will answer any questions you have, but if not please do get in touch with us at email@example.com and we will do our upmost to answer any questions you may have.
How Did We Obtain Your Data?
TheDrinksBasket obtains customer data directly from our customers in a secure and legitimate manner - we will never purchase or sell customer data.
We process your personal data as you have either completed one of the two following actions;
1) When you have visited our website and subscribed to receive company communications such as our newsletter. To complete this process, a visitor would have provided a contact name and email address.
2) When you have visited the website and completed a purchase and ‘checked’ the option to subscribe to receiving communications such as the newsletter, general information or terms and conditions of sale from TheDrinksBasket. Please note to protect your privacy as a customer and user of the website are provided with the option to opt-in to receive communications.
How Do We Use Your Data?
TheDrinksBasket uses your personal data to process any order you place with us and to provide you with communications relating to marketing and general company communications.
Specifically, we use your data for the following;
- To provide goods and services to you.
- To manage any registered account(s) that you currently hold with us.
- To verify your identity and meet the requirements around alcohol licensing (including the requirements to comply with age restrictions to prevent the supply of alcohol to minors) and support crime and fraud prevention.
- And with your agreement to contact you electronically with generic promotional offers. Please note we do not tailor promotional offers based on personal customer trends.
- To enable TheDrinksBasket to manage any customer service interactions with you.
- Always remember though here at TheDrinksBasket our primary priority in relation to customer data is to keep our customers information safe and enable our customers to be in control on how their data is managed - now and at any point in the future.
As a valued customer you have the right to opt-out of receiving communications at any time by;
1) Clicking the unsubscribe link on our email detailing our GDPR policy.
2) Clicking the unsubscribe link on any future promotional or company related emails.
3) Contacting TheDrinksBasket via the channels as detailed within this policy
Remember you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org at any time with any data related questions.
At TheDrinksBasket we refrain from analysing customer specific browsing and transactional activity. In addition we will not analyse any personal or demographic information or use software and other technology to process your data.
To ensure and maintain customer privacy we plan to provide customers with a regular reminder of customer rights in relation to the data held by TheDrinksBasket. Therefore we intend to provide customers with relevant and timely GDPR email communications to remind customers of the existence of this policy and to provide an easily accessible means to unsubscribe to future communications.
TheDrinksBasket will not share your data with any external or third-party company and therefore will not transfer any personal data outside of the European Economic Area.
How Long Do We Keep Your Data?
We will not retain your data for longer than necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Different retention periods apply for different types of data, however the longest we will normally hold any personal data is 3 years.
If your account is inactive we will flag it as a redundant account after 3 years and we will contact you to ask you if you would like to keep the account open. If we do not receive a response within 14 days we will close the account and securely delete any personal data associated with it.
How Do We Protect Your Data?
TheDrinksBasket are committed to keeping your personal data safe and secure. To do this we ensure the following;
- Conducting a regular audit of our security policies and procedures.
- Documented policies and regular training and interaction with members of staff.
- Ensuring that no data is ever documented or shared internally or externally.
Protecting Our Customers and Protecting Yourself
Always remember that we at TheDrinksBasket will never ask you to confirm personal, financial or transactional data via email. If you get an email from TheDrinksBasket requesting personal data please do not respond.
In terms of general guidance we would like to remind our customers to take the necessary steps to protect your personal data;
- Keep your account and password information private, sharing of this data could result in unauthorised access to your account.
- Use a password that is a combination of letters, numbers and special characters, avoid using personal information such as your name, location or email address.
- If using a computer in a public location we recommend that you securely close your online session.
Legal Basis for Processing Customer Data
TheDrinksBasket collects and uses customers’ personal data due legitimate business interests and data has been collected lawfully and with customer consent.
- Selling and supplying goods and services to our customers
- Promotion and marketing advertising our products and services to our customers
- Allowing us to handle customer inquiries, questions and concerns
The reason of collating this data is to comply with our duty and exercising our rights under a contract for the completion of a transaction between TheDrinksBasket and the customer. Associated with this is the consent for processing personal data in relation to sending generic direct marketing communications via email only.
At TheDrinksBasket are keen to ensure our customers have a transparent view of their data, and fully comply with their established rights to view, amend or delete such data where supported by legal grounds.
As a valued customer you have the following rights;
- The free right of access, which is your right to request a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- The right of erasure or to be forgotten, which is your right in any circumstances that we delete the personal data held on you. Please be advised it may take up to 14 days to complete the request for deletion.
- The right of rectification, which is your right to request we update and amend any incorrect personal data that we hold about you.
- The right to object, which enables you to opt-out of any marketing communications. Please be advised it may take up to 14 days for this action to be completed and during this interim period customers may receive communications but not beyond this time.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
If you wish to exercise any of the above rights, please contact us using the contact details set out below in the contact information section.
If you have any questions about how TheDrinksBasket uses your personal data that are not answered here, or if you want to exercise your rights regarding your personal data, please contact us by any of the following means:
- Phone us on:+44(0) 20 8200 8355
- Email us at: email@example.com
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. Further information, including contact details, is available at https://ico.org.uk.