DetailsNikka Coffey Malt Whisky is the follow up to its corn-based counterpart, a rich, fruity and spicy 100% malt. Though it hasn’t been around as long as its predecessor, it’s already gaining traction as the next prodigious child of the Nikka dynasty. It’s produced at the famed Miyagikyo distillery on Japan’s east coast in a continuous coffey still, unusual for a non-grain whisky--but that’s just the beginning of the interesting parts. What Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky deserves is a long, drawn out description of its flavour profile, and that’s exactly what we’re going to give you. On the nose, Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky is—obviously—malty, supplemented by substantial notes of tropical fruits, namely peaches, bananas, and papayas, as well as a dry warmth, reminiscent of crumbly oat cakes. It also bears faint hints of oak, vanilla and caramel. On the palate, you’ll immediately notice how sweet it is, the tropical fruits playing out even further, as well as some dark fruits, berries, and plums. Accents of rich chocolate and caramel assisted by spicy notes of nutmeg and rye give it a substantial mouthfeel and a silky texture. At the finish, Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky is medium-length, the sweetness lingering but slowly developing a bitterness, much like coffee, before a refreshingly light finish. All in all, Nikka Coffey Malt Whisky is full of flavour, almost as though it were engineered to be one of the most stand-out malts on the market. • 100% Japanese malt whisky made at the Miyagikyo distillery • Distilled in a continuous coffey still, usually used for grain-based whiskeys • Rich and sweet, with notes of fruits, spices, vanilla, chocolate and coffee • Enjoy neat, on ice, or with a splash of spring water
- Delivery info
- We currently have two delivery options available. A standard delivery, which takes on average between 3 to 5 working days, and a express delivery, which takes 1 to 2 working day Monday to Friday.
- We dispatch all orders received before 13:00pm the same working day. Order received after 13:00pm will be dispatched the next working day (Monday to Friday)
- All of our deliveries require a signature.
- We currently only deliver within the UK.
- Delivery times will be between 7am to 6pm.
- Our couriers will endeavour to notify you of their arrival a few hours in advance via email and/or text message.
- If you know in advance that you are unlikely to be at home during the time of your delivery, you might find it worthwhile providing an alternative address for your products to (if you choose this option please ensure the recipient is over legal drinking age). Otherwise, the courier will simply leave a delivery note through your letter box giving you instructions on how to retrieve your package.
Shipping Costs - UK
Express Delivery (Monday to Friday) - £6.99
Standard (Monday to Friday - £4.99
For free standard delivery the minimum order is £100